A Single user on two phones? Digital key plus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shu88

Reaction score
Hey there! I could really use some help as I'm still trying to understand how to use Digital Key Plus. Though I really hate carrying both around, I have a personal and a business phone. I know I can share the key between my phones, but the issue is that every time I use the shared key, I appear as a guest user.

This isn't a big problem most of the time, but since I'm considered as a guest, they refuse to let me charge at Electrify America. Very bothersome!

I have been trying to figure this out:

Instead of having one master copy of Digital Key Plus on one of my phones and the other shared key, is there a way for me to have both on both of my phones? This would be the ideal situation!

Also, is there any way I might link the shared key to my primary account such that it does not show as a guest key?

If that's not possible, can I somehow get Plug & Charge to function even while I'm driving as a guest so I can still get the free charging?

If this has already been asked, sorry; I searched but failed to come across something like this. I appreciate any ideas.

I totally understand that managing Digital Key Plus on two phones can be a bit tricky. It’s a bit tricky to have both keys fully integrated on each phone. It could be a good idea to reach out to their support team and see if they can assist with the user issue. Charging at Electrify America as a guest can limit your options a bit. Reaching out to their support might be a great way to find out how to manage that! Wishing you all the best in getting it sorted!

Hey there! I could really use some help as I'm still trying to understand how to use Digital Key Plus. Though I really hate carrying both around, I have a personal and a business phone. I know I can share the key between my phones, but the issue is that every time I use the shared key, I appear as a guest user.

This isn't a big problem most of the time, but since I'm considered as a guest, they refuse to let me charge at Electrify America. Very bothersome!

I have been trying to figure this out:

Instead of having one master copy of Digital Key Plus on one of my phones and the other shared key, is there a way for me to have both on both of my phones? This would be the ideal situation!

Also, is there any way I might link the shared key to my primary account such that it does not show as a guest key?

If that's not possible, can I somehow get Plug & Charge to function even while I'm driving as a guest so I can still get the free charging?

If this has already been asked, sorry; I searched but failed to come across something like this. I appreciate any ideas.
Yeah, the best would be to contact customer support. Maybe they have any way to make things work for you. I have never been in your situation. I hope they can help you.

Join the BMW i5 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back