Any Scoop on BMW’s Upcoming OTA Updates?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abbrevi8tor

Reaction score
Just grabbed a shiny new i5 M60 and I’m super curious—

Anyone know if BMW’s cooking up some cool OTA updates soon? I know Tesla’s all about pushing updates like it's their thing, but I’m kinda in the dark about BMW’s move. Got any hot tips or any expectations?

Just grabbed a shiny new i5 M60 and I’m super curious—

Anyone know if BMW’s cooking up some cool OTA updates soon? I know Tesla’s all about pushing updates like it's their thing, but I’m kinda in the dark about BMW’s move. Got any hot tips or any expectations?
The i4 is finally getting those OTA updates more promptly, but most are just bug fixes or minor tweaks to existing features you’ve already paid for, rather than offering new functionality. They call these “upgrades,” but they’re just updates. Meanwhile, Tesla often adds new features with their updates, or even removing features altogether. It’s a whole different thing.

Yeah, I have noticed that too with BMW. Only bug fixes and tweaks... I was expecting a different approach from BMW, especially given the marketing they have packed regarding the tech.
Though, I am positive. I think they will come with more substantial updates. Don't you think?

Join the BMW i5 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back