Charging issues since update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmy01

Reaction score
Hello all,

A friend of mine updated his I5 last week and it is been have issues charging at electrify America ever since. The charger keep bouncing between connect and re-connect until it times out. Anyone else having charging issues?

He doesn;t want to bring the car to service since the dealership doesn’t seem to have enough experience with the electric beamers, based on previous experiences. We just hope this issue is software related and not any hardware issues.

I ran into a little hiccup after the update - not a charging issue, though. My keys totally ghosted me and wouldn’t be detected. I tried everything - resetting, deleting and re-adding my car in the My BMW app, but no luck. Just when I thought I was doomed, the next day everything magically snapped back to normal. Phew!

I ran into a little hiccup after the update - not a charging issue, though. My keys totally ghosted me and wouldn’t be detected. I tried everything - resetting, deleting and re-adding my car in the My BMW app, but no luck. Just when I thought I was doomed, the next day everything magically snapped back to normal. Phew!
What an experience! :LOL:
Bugs really are the worst enemies of technology.

Join the BMW i5 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back