i5 M60 suddenly died

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Napier_

Reaction score
My 700-mile i5 M60 suddenly died while driving. Luckily, I was almost home. When the car came to a stop, the battery was still at 56%. I couldn't shift into any gear and had to have it towed. They are still investigating the cause. Has anyone else experienced this?

Ugh, that sounds so annoying - sorry you had to deal with that! Have you reached out to BMW customer service yet to check if they can provide any updates? Fingers crossed they come through for you!

My 700-mile i5 M60 suddenly died while driving. Luckily, I was almost home. When the car came to a stop, the battery was still at 56%. I couldn't shift into any gear and had to have it towed. They are still investigating the cause. Has anyone else experienced this?
This could probably be a software glitch or maybe battery overheating. I just hope it is not a serious issue.

Ugh, your battery dying mid-trip is the absolute worst!
Seriously, with electric vehicles, there should be a charging station every five miles. Your case though could be an electrical glitch.

Join the BMW i5 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back