i5's unbelievable range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WheelsAndDeals98

Reaction score
We recently went on a long road trip where charging options were limited. While charging at one station, we came across a broken charger, and another charger was occupied by vehicles with low batteries.

Despite having 30% battery remaining, the car estimated that we would not be able to reach the next 150kW charger, which was 175 kilometers away. I turned on the car's efficiency mode, pressed the "Activate maximum range" button, and drove aggressively to increase our range. I followed a truck closely and took advantage of its slipstream. We arrived at the charging station with 11% battery remaining and preheated the car for maximum charging speed. I had a deep sigh after that LOL. What an experience!!

We recently went on a long road trip where charging options were limited. While charging at one station, we came across a broken charger, and another charger was occupied by vehicles with low batteries.

Despite having 30% battery remaining, the car estimated that we would not be able to reach the next 150kW charger, which was 175 kilometers away. I turned on the car's efficiency mode, pressed the "Activate maximum range" button, and drove aggressively to increase our range. I followed a truck closely and took advantage of its slipstream. We arrived at the charging station with 11% battery remaining and preheated the car for maximum charging speed. I had a deep sigh after that LOL. What an experience!!
What a thrilling experience. :)
But I am curious, is it best practice to let your battery run that low constantly?

Join the BMW i5 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back