Irritating interior noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razzle Dazzle

Reaction score
We just returned from our first road trip with the i5, and I noticed some noises inside (not sure if it was from the tires or the side mirrors). It's noticeable, particularly at high speeds. Has anyone else had this experience?

Welcome to the forum! I suspect that wind-induced noise is to blame. I had a similar problem with my 2016 Ford Explorer during high-speed drives. At speeds exceeding 100 mph, I noticed a distinct whistling noise. To confirm, I tested by lowering both front windows and confirming that the noise came from the side mirrors due to wind resistance.

Yeah true, noticed that in my i5 as well. Turning up the music might be the only way to drown out the noise for now, haha! But seriously, I think adding laminated glass to the side windows could be a game-changer. It's like putting on noise-canceling headphones for your car - it blocks out a ton of road noise.

Welcome to the forum! I suspect that wind-induced noise is to blame. I had a similar problem with my 2016 Ford Explorer during high-speed drives. At speeds exceeding 100 mph, I noticed a distinct whistling noise. To confirm, I tested by lowering both front windows and confirming that the noise came from the side mirrors due to wind resistance.
It's definitely the wind noise. I hardly hear anything in my other cars, but I'm getting used to it, lol.

Join the BMW i5 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back