Issues with my 2024 i5 M60's Charging Port Flap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pan_d_zzal

Reaction score
After fully charging my i5 M60, I closed the flap but an error message appeared saying “Charging Port Flap Open.” The car picture appears to show the flap as open as well, though it’s closed, I also went outside to recheck it just to be sure. If I need to charge the car, the system will defeinitely believe the flap is already open and won’t allow me to open it. Luckily this problem occurred only after getting this fully charged. Will go to the delearship tomorrow to have this checked. This is rather a disappointing experience with my new car.

After fully charging my i5 M60, I closed the flap but an error message appeared saying “Charging Port Flap Open.” The car picture appears to show the flap as open as well, though it’s closed, I also went outside to recheck it just to be sure. If I need to charge the car, the system will defeinitely believe the flap is already open and won’t allow me to open it. Luckily this problem occurred only after getting this fully charged. Will go to the delearship tomorrow to have this checked. This is rather a disappointing experience with my new car.
I understand your frustration man, a BMW having issues like this is not a good sign. This issue might be caused by faulty wiring or even a mechanism failure. I hope you can get this issue resolved right away and just hope for the best that the repair won't be too expensive.

Join the BMW i5 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back