My i5’s Steering Wheel is Going Crazy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Negatron617

Reaction score
So my i5 is on this weird kick where the steering wheel heater decides to go full blast every time I start the car, even though I’ve got it set to off. Like. what the heck? Is anyone else dealing with this craziness or have a fix? The car’s barely a month old, and it’s driving me nuts!

Ugh, that sounds super frustrating! Mine starts only when it’s freezing outside. Maybe try resetting the infotainment system or check for any updates. If it’s still acting up, I’d say hit up the dealer - especially since it’s a new ride. You wouldn’t want to risk voiding your warranty by tinkering with the settings yourself.

So my i5 is on this weird kick where the steering wheel heater decides to go full blast every time I start the car, even though I’ve got it set to off. Like. what the heck? Is anyone else dealing with this craziness or have a fix? The car’s barely a month old, and it’s driving me nuts!
You gotta tweak the climate settings for the steering wheel and the seat separately for both the driver and the passenger.

Mine only cranks up the steering wheel heat when the weather gets chilly. I like to think it’s just trying to be nice and keep me comfy, but tbh, part of me can’t help but worry it might glitch and leave my steering wheel sizzling when it’s roasting outside! You never know, right?

Join the BMW i5 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back