Recommendations for Quieter Tires on i5?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnabelleMI06

Reaction score
I’ve got Pirelli P Zero All Seasons on my i5 (with 20” wheels), and I’ve noticed they seem pretty noisy. It’s like there’s this hollow or boomy road noise that really stands out, especially since the rest of the car is so quiet. The noise gets louder at higher speeds and is especially noticeable on concrete highways.

I also noticed that these tires don’t have the “EV” markings, so I’m guessing they don’t have the foam inside that’s supposed to dampen sound. Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, any recommendations for quieter tires?

Thanks in advance!

The Pirelli P Zero all seasons are good for performance, but I don't think they are designed to reduce road noise in EVs (unless they have The noise cancelation system.

Go for Michelin Primacy MXM4. These are known for their quiet performance and comfort, or Michelin Pilot sports EV.

Also, check the tire pressure. It the tires are over-inflated they might contribute to loader road noise.

Join the BMW i5 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back