Unlocking the i5 xDrive40's potential

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FernForesTT

Reaction score
I've been wondering if anyone has tried to unlock the full potential of the i5 xDrive40 engine. It's basically the same engine as the i7 xDrive60 and iX xDrive50, so I'm curious if it's possible to upload software from those models to boost the power output.

The battery should be able to handle it since the i5 M60 drains even more current. Theoretically, we should be able to get a 400kW car without the range penalty of the 220XLR engine. Has anyone tried this or have any thoughts on the feasibility?

Whoa, I’ve never seen anyone pull that off before! Cracking the BMW software sounds like a wild ride. Are you really aiming for 400 kW from your i5? That’s some next-level ambition, my friend! Go big or go home, yeah?

It's impressive to witness your enthusiasm for the tech aspects of the i5 xDrive40! Have you stumbled upon any rad methods or software that folks are using for similar upgrades? I bet there’s some wild stuff out there!

Join the BMW i5 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back