Why did I quit going for BMW? Fooled twice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theStreeter5

Reaction score
I am too upset to go into much detail, but here is what happened:

In the last 25 years, I have been using two high-end motorcycles and one nice car, all of them from BMW. I gave up on BMW for about 15 years, but I thought I would give them a second chance by buying my Former i4 and then going for my current i5. But I freaking regret so much. At least I learned my lesson.

A month ago my i5 got possessed and started driving itself into a wall while I was parking using the automatic function. It was reconstructing a parking pathway that worked before without any problems.

As I said, I am too pissed to go more into detail, but after a prolonged safety investigation by BMW NA Engineering, BMW decided to defeat me.
I think they lied about one critical factor. In fact, I believe this is what happened. Anyway, this would mean my word against theirs.

Of course, I will share everything with NHTSA, because I have dash cam footage of the incident, and additional data that a friend of mine who works in an automotive tech company extracted from my i5 with a scanning tool (a licensed one, btw).

Of course, BMW made me an offer (that in my conclusion was below execrable) in which I had to sign that I wouldn't say anything public about this. But here I am, haha!

So, be careful. If you want to buy or go for leasing, I would recommend you not to do it. I see BMW ownership as free of problems until it is not anymore. And it is frustrating that the company gives a duck about their cars' owners.

From now on I would rather go with GM or Hyundai.

I am out of here. I have, too. At least I will keep the memories of being fun while sharing info and stories with you guys.

So I'm out. It has been fun sharing info and anecdotes with you all.

Have a great one and choose wisely!

Ah man, I’m really sorry to hear about your experience - it sounds so frustrating! It’s such a bummer how these big corporations often prioritize their image over customer well-being, even when things aren't right. Here’s hoping your next car journey is way smoother! You deserve that!

Join the BMW i5 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back