i5's unbelievable range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WheelsAndDeals98

Reaction score
We recently went on a long road trip where charging options were limited. While charging at one station, we came across a broken charger, and another charger was occupied by vehicles with low batteries.

Despite having 30% battery remaining, the car estimated that we would not be able to reach the next 150kW charger, which was 175 kilometers away. I turned on the car's efficiency mode, pressed the "Activate maximum range" button, and drove aggressively to increase our range. I followed a truck closely and took advantage of its slipstream. We arrived at the charging station with 11% battery remaining and preheated the car for maximum charging speed. I had a deep sigh after that LOL. What an experience!!

We recently went on a long road trip where charging options were limited. While charging at one station, we came across a broken charger, and another charger was occupied by vehicles with low batteries.

Despite having 30% battery remaining, the car estimated that we would not be able to reach the next 150kW charger, which was 175 kilometers away. I turned on the car's efficiency mode, pressed the "Activate maximum range" button, and drove aggressively to increase our range. I followed a truck closely and took advantage of its slipstream. We arrived at the charging station with 11% battery remaining and preheated the car for maximum charging speed. I had a deep sigh after that LOL. What an experience!!
What a thrilling experience. :)
But I am curious, is it best practice to let your battery run that low constantly?

That sounds intense! Major props for being so resourceful with the efficiency mode and slipstreaming to hit that charger. Arriving with just 11% battery must have been a huge relief! Glad you made it, definitely a road trip for the books!

Back